After moving to Brooklyn and unpacking all your stuff, you’re now on your way to become a true Brooklynite. Now that you’re getting accustomed to living in a new environment, it’s a good idea to learn something about the history of Brooklyn. This way, you may adapt faster. Adjusting to your new surroundings can be a stressful process. It can lead to a post-moving depression, which is hard to deal with, but learning about Brooklyn will immediately make it seem far more hospitable. You can start by getting to know some things about Brooklyn’s musical background. After all, people love music and some of them, even the folks who were born and raised in Brooklyn, might be impressed by your knowledge and even learn a thing or two themselves. So, without further ado, here are some of the most famous musicians from Brooklyn. Continue reading “5 famous musicians from Brooklyn that you should know about”
To be able to completely relax in the afternoon or have a nice chat with your friends implies you need to have the balance of each element in your living room. And to create a pleasant ambiance, you need to choose comfortable furniture, to accentuate interesting details, adjust wall color with adequate lighting… But – how to do all this at once? If you need help, we have tons of creative living room ideas. So you can have a good day, every day!
New York City is one of the dirtiest and most expensive cities in the United States. Yet it is also the largest and most densely populated American city. So what is it that drives so many people to find their home in New York? And should you consider becoming one of the more than 8.6 million people living in New York? The short answer is yes because New York has a lot to offer. There are literally thousands of reasons to move to New York and here are some of the more important ones.
If you are coming from Europe, you are used to a certain lifestyle. A centuries-old architecture along with a spectacular history and iconic landmarks was part of your everyday life. Accordingly, your standards and expectations are pretty high. Can Brooklyn meet those expectations? Let’s find out. Take a look at our European guide for moving to Brooklyn. Continue reading “A European guide for moving to Brooklyn”
There are many reasons to visit Brooklyn, but there are top music festivals in Brooklyn to visit and enjoy great music. Everybody knows that Brooklyn is one of the greatest cities in the world. It has many different cultures, nations, and types of people who live there together. Brooklyn is maybe the most popular multicultural city in the US. It literally celebrates diversity and uniqueness. Continue reading “Top music festivals in Brooklyn to visit”
Packing is the first step when before you move anywhere. You have to begin a few weeks or even months before. You are moving to Brooklyn, but you don’t know how to pack? Probably, you are not happy and excited about that, only a few people look forward to packing. But, you have to do it. We have some tips and tricks that will help you with this job and make it easier. Packing can be fun. So, let’s begin and follow our tips and steps.
Continue reading “How to pack for moving to Brooklyn:Tips and tricks”
No matter where you go, or what places you visit, each possesses its own kind of beauty. Tourists visiting a place cannot really have a chance to see everything. On the other hand, how much they will get to see depends on how long they’ll stay there. An unspoken rule says that if you travel on your own, without a paid guide, the odds of getting the real vibe of that place is much higher. If you happen to be in New York, more specifically Brooklyn, you can feel the waves of great energy floating on the very streets. Still, attractions in Brooklyn are many, and in this article, you will have the opportunity to see some of them. These pieces of information will be useful both to those who are just visiting and to those who are new in the borough.
Continue reading “Sightseeing attractions in Brooklyn”
Do you ever feel the need to go about making a root-change in your life? Perhaps changing jobs or cars? How about relocating to a completely different apartment or a completely different city? Sounds tempting enough, right? The only thing is that you need to consider is the obligation that is relocating. And the very first step on that journey would be finding your new home. Second would be hiring the ideal moving company. But what if you don’t have enough space for all your things? No worries there – all you need to consider is renting a depository unit near your new Brooklyn home. Given that there is a deep well of Brooklyn storage units out there, you need to know what you’re looking for.
Brooklyn storage units – where, how and when
Settling on the perfect moving company in the Big Apple and finding good Brooklyn storage units are like Gin & Tonic. One simply goes with the other. So if you’re stuck on finding a storage facility in Kings County perfect for your needs, we’re here to offer a beginners tutorial. Given that it could be your first relocation, you might not be able to realize what you need before you ask for professional advice. And there are several important pieces of advice you should get before moving to the Boroughs of NYC. First matter of business – you should find affordable and reliable moving companies in Brooklyn.
Our suggestion would be to gather intel on at least 5 moving and storage Brooklyn companies. Detailed background checks are advised in order to avoid potential moving scams. When relocating to NYC, any penny saved is a penny earned, so make sure you understand all important components of moving cost for NYC move. That way you’ll know what you should pay attention to.
In addition to the moving company, you could be in a need of Brooklyn storage units. In case your New York condo is too small for all your belongings or you are unable to enter your home the moment complete relocation. Whatever the case, make sure find and secure high-quality depository units.
Choosing the right type of Brooklyn storage units
As previously mentioned, you need to know what you are looking for before starting to search for it. If you have no idea how to do that – put your reading glasses on and start here:
- Self-storage. Commonly considered to be a short-term depository. It is most commonly used for storing seasonal equipment or stuff you currently don’t have room for. These would be your simple “lock&key” Brooklyn storage units and only you have access to them. So don’t go expecting a full-service Brooklyn depository. The goal is to get a safe place where you can keep your things for up to three months.
- Container storage. Here we are focused on the long-term warehouse aspect – pass three months. Basically – how it goes is you have a representative from the Brooklyn storage company stop by to do an estimate. They compose an inventory list to determine the size and number of containers you need. Those containers are then delivered to you by the company with clear packing instructions. Once packed, the containers are transferred to the Kings County depository facilities. The important thing here is to make sure you check on the Brooklyn warehouse buildings where your belongings will be kept. Security always plays a role when it comes to valuables.
When you think about it, it really doesn’t matter whether you’re relocating or simply looking to de-clutter. Defining the type of Brooklyn depository unit you need is the very first step.
Finding and narrowing the choice of Brooklyn storage units
Knowledge is power – this is a well-known fact. Every search begins with a lot of background research – another known fact. This is why we advise keeping that principle when discussing Brooklyn storage units. And the best thing is that considering the modern age we live in, you can go about doing this in several ways (friends & family, real-estate agencies, moving companies, the Web etc.). Once you’ve made a list of potential depositories in Brooklyn, you need to narrow down the choice. So consider following these breadcrumbs:
- Conduct background checks. New York being the ocean that it is – competition is large and fraudulent companies hide everywhere. Make sure to visit the storage company website (if one exists) and verify the license and validity of the Kings County depository companies before even considering hiring them. Looking for such companies online is always an option. But if you just type ‘Brooklyn Storage Units’, a depository scam is pretty much guaranteed. Conclusion: taking care of safety via background checks is important!
- Check any reviews or comments about the depository facilities in Brooklyn you intend to rent or use. If none are available, step cautiously. You are either dealing with young and inexperienced companies or companies which have something to hide. No matter the scenario, the point remains – existing posts/comments make for a decision worth considering.
- Check for complaints. Start from the Better Business Bureau and search for the company in question. Then read up on any articles or news involving the Brooklyn storage company. You can also make the extra mile and contact the local police department and check whether there were any past incidents or reports involving the Brooklyn storage units you are considering on renting out.
Negotiate what you are getting for the price you’re paying
You’ve checked off the inexperienced and potentially fraudulent Brooklyn storage units – good. Now comes the hard part. If you’ve rented warehouse units before, you have some idea what to expect. But in case this is your first time, you might want to consider the following:
Overall cost estimate. Most Kings County storage facilities have a fixed cost for the services they offer. This is good as it can provide you with a general idea of the price. This can help you differentiate between over-priced or suspiciously cheap storage units. Make sure you check every detail about the estimate you get for each of those Brooklyn storage units. Scams could be hiding behind the cover of low prices. So you need to always ask what you get for the price you pay.
- Insurance for the belongings being stored away. Insurance is simply a must-have when it comes to valuable items. We are talking here about your things here, so all steps need to be taken to ensure the safety of those same items. If you’re purchasing the insurance policy directly from Brooklyn storage companies, carefully read it. Some warehouse scams are conducted through the insurance fraud.
- Additional fees. Go through the contract offered to you and make sure that there are no additional costs to surprise you. In most cases, these would be determined by weight, size or accessibility so pay close attention to those factors.
- Storage accessibility. It very important that you consider the distance to the Brooklyn storage buildings you are planning to rent. In cases where you might need something from there. Another factor here is the working hours of the NYC storehouse, as you might want to always be able to access the things you’ve got tucked away.
Taking a leap and making your final choice
Even though all this business can be done by making a phone call, we would highly recommend taking the time to go and personally visit the Brooklyn storage units before making any decisions. This puts a face on the facility you are dealing with. Also – you will get a chance to re-visit and negotiate any potentially confusing terms and requests. So go out there and find the ideal Brooklyn depository company for your needs!