If you are a student, you know that often moving from home to a college is something you have to accept. As summer quickly approaches, college students are preparing for changes. One of them is to pack up their dorm rooms. The problem that occurs is transporting their belonging to their parent’s homes. So many college students considering: what to do? Luckily, summer storage for college students is easy to find. Besides, if you opt for storage Brooklyn it could be affordable, too. Renting a storage unit for the summer is an especially cost-efficient way for college students to store all of their dorm rooms or apartment belongings. In our mission to help students out, we have created this short and simple guide to summer storage for college students.
If you want to start a business and to invest in something, rental homes are maybe a good business plan. But, before investing in rental property you must know all the facts. Both, good and bad too. We can help you with researching. First of all, you should have a good business plan a team you can trust. The idea is good, but it requires a lot of researching. So, let’s start. Continue reading “Investing in rental property: the pros and cons”
Moving is a significant task for any man, and you probably haven’t done it often. If you have already decided to hire professionals to assist you, you are going in the right direction. You don’t want your things to get lost or broken, and you don’t want to lose sleep over it, for sure. But believe me, it is super important to evaluate moving companies from NYC before signing any contracts. You don’t want to even imagine how bad everything can go if you fall into arms of some con artist.
Continue reading “How to evaluate moving companies from NYC”
Do you ever feel the need to go about making a root-change in your life? Perhaps changing jobs or cars? How about relocating to a completely different apartment or a completely different city? Sounds tempting enough, right? The only thing is that you need to consider is the obligation that is relocating. And the very first step on that journey would be finding your new home. Second would be hiring the ideal moving company. But what if you don’t have enough space for all your things? No worries there – all you need to consider is renting a depository unit near your new Brooklyn home. Given that there is a deep well of Brooklyn storage units out there, you need to know what you’re looking for.
Brooklyn storage units – where, how and when
Settling on the perfect moving company in the Big Apple and finding good Brooklyn storage units are like Gin & Tonic. One simply goes with the other. So if you’re stuck on finding a storage facility in Kings County perfect for your needs, we’re here to offer a beginners tutorial. Given that it could be your first relocation, you might not be able to realize what you need before you ask for professional advice. And there are several important pieces of advice you should get before moving to the Boroughs of NYC. First matter of business – you should find affordable and reliable moving companies in Brooklyn.
Our suggestion would be to gather intel on at least 5 moving and storage Brooklyn companies. Detailed background checks are advised in order to avoid potential moving scams. When relocating to NYC, any penny saved is a penny earned, so make sure you understand all important components of moving cost for NYC move. That way you’ll know what you should pay attention to.
In addition to the moving company, you could be in a need of Brooklyn storage units. In case your New York condo is too small for all your belongings or you are unable to enter your home the moment complete relocation. Whatever the case, make sure find and secure high-quality depository units.
Choosing the right type of Brooklyn storage units
As previously mentioned, you need to know what you are looking for before starting to search for it. If you have no idea how to do that – put your reading glasses on and start here:
- Self-storage. Commonly considered to be a short-term depository. It is most commonly used for storing seasonal equipment or stuff you currently don’t have room for. These would be your simple “lock&key” Brooklyn storage units and only you have access to them. So don’t go expecting a full-service Brooklyn depository. The goal is to get a safe place where you can keep your things for up to three months.
- Container storage. Here we are focused on the long-term warehouse aspect – pass three months. Basically – how it goes is you have a representative from the Brooklyn storage company stop by to do an estimate. They compose an inventory list to determine the size and number of containers you need. Those containers are then delivered to you by the company with clear packing instructions. Once packed, the containers are transferred to the Kings County depository facilities. The important thing here is to make sure you check on the Brooklyn warehouse buildings where your belongings will be kept. Security always plays a role when it comes to valuables.
When you think about it, it really doesn’t matter whether you’re relocating or simply looking to de-clutter. Defining the type of Brooklyn depository unit you need is the very first step.
Finding and narrowing the choice of Brooklyn storage units
Knowledge is power – this is a well-known fact. Every search begins with a lot of background research – another known fact. This is why we advise keeping that principle when discussing Brooklyn storage units. And the best thing is that considering the modern age we live in, you can go about doing this in several ways (friends & family, real-estate agencies, moving companies, the Web etc.). Once you’ve made a list of potential depositories in Brooklyn, you need to narrow down the choice. So consider following these breadcrumbs:
- Conduct background checks. New York being the ocean that it is – competition is large and fraudulent companies hide everywhere. Make sure to visit the storage company website (if one exists) and verify the license and validity of the Kings County depository companies before even considering hiring them. Looking for such companies online is always an option. But if you just type ‘Brooklyn Storage Units’, a depository scam is pretty much guaranteed. Conclusion: taking care of safety via background checks is important!
- Check any reviews or comments about the depository facilities in Brooklyn you intend to rent or use. If none are available, step cautiously. You are either dealing with young and inexperienced companies or companies which have something to hide. No matter the scenario, the point remains – existing posts/comments make for a decision worth considering.
- Check for complaints. Start from the Better Business Bureau and search for the company in question. Then read up on any articles or news involving the Brooklyn storage company. You can also make the extra mile and contact the local police department and check whether there were any past incidents or reports involving the Brooklyn storage units you are considering on renting out.
Negotiate what you are getting for the price you’re paying
You’ve checked off the inexperienced and potentially fraudulent Brooklyn storage units – good. Now comes the hard part. If you’ve rented warehouse units before, you have some idea what to expect. But in case this is your first time, you might want to consider the following:
Overall cost estimate. Most Kings County storage facilities have a fixed cost for the services they offer. This is good as it can provide you with a general idea of the price. This can help you differentiate between over-priced or suspiciously cheap storage units. Make sure you check every detail about the estimate you get for each of those Brooklyn storage units. Scams could be hiding behind the cover of low prices. So you need to always ask what you get for the price you pay.
- Insurance for the belongings being stored away. Insurance is simply a must-have when it comes to valuable items. We are talking here about your things here, so all steps need to be taken to ensure the safety of those same items. If you’re purchasing the insurance policy directly from Brooklyn storage companies, carefully read it. Some warehouse scams are conducted through the insurance fraud.
- Additional fees. Go through the contract offered to you and make sure that there are no additional costs to surprise you. In most cases, these would be determined by weight, size or accessibility so pay close attention to those factors.
- Storage accessibility. It very important that you consider the distance to the Brooklyn storage buildings you are planning to rent. In cases where you might need something from there. Another factor here is the working hours of the NYC storehouse, as you might want to always be able to access the things you’ve got tucked away.
Taking a leap and making your final choice
Even though all this business can be done by making a phone call, we would highly recommend taking the time to go and personally visit the Brooklyn storage units before making any decisions. This puts a face on the facility you are dealing with. Also – you will get a chance to re-visit and negotiate any potentially confusing terms and requests. So go out there and find the ideal Brooklyn depository company for your needs!