Are you moving your business and you need a little additional help? You’ve come just at the right place. Office movers New York have decided to share their years-long expertise with you. Moving offices can be tiresome and confusing, especially because there are numerous items that you have to deal with. Whatever makes your office relocation complicated, it’s not important. What is then? Having your business up and running in no time is the number one priority. When you have a list of the items that you need to do and to move, you’ll be much more organized and ready for office moving.
Office moving employee talk
Brooklyn Movers New York have dealt with office moving for a long time. So we know that there are are a few things you’ll need to do when you start your office moving process:
- Make an announcement to your employees as soon as possible
- Have them clean out their own desks when the time comes
- Inform anyone affected by the move before it happens
Get the list of the inventory
To make the process easier, have everyone make you a list of the items that are in the office they work in. If you can’t afford to have your workers waste time on that, consider hiring professional movers to help you.
Get the inventory of:
- Kitchen space
- Storage spaces
If you had an excel overview of all the items that you have – that would be most helpful. That way, you could have all of the items listed in one place and it would make counting them much easier.
Figure out new office arrangements when office moving
When you know how many (and which) items you have, have a blueprint of your new office space ready from the very beginning. It will help you plan where to put your current furniture and how to organize your offices.
What should you keep in mind?
- Kitchen and bathroom placements
- Office table placements and the lights
- Are the doorframes and hallways big enough for your furniture or it need disassembling
Important electronics and office moving
There are a lot of electronics included in the offices. Electronic devices need to be handled very carefully. Before you’ve done anything with it, make sure that you have your computer technician make backups.
Important electronics when office moving:
- Computers and servers – monitors, cases, mouses, keyboards, cables
- Printers, scanners, faxes
- Extension cords
- Espresso machine
- Fridge, microwave, and other kitchen electronics
Transporting the business itself
Make sure you’ve brought all of the documents from the previous space. It’s obvious, but it’s still worth mentioning. When you’re done with most of the packing, there are still things left to fo:
- Remove the company logo and entrance sign
- Make sure you’ve canceled all of the services like internet services, electricity, etc,
- Book a cleaning service to make sure you’re leaving the space clean
- Talk to the landlord and say goodbye
Hiring a reliable moving company
When you’re hiring a reliable moving company to relocate your business premises, here’s a list of things that you need to discuss:
- Moving date
- Packing methods
- Transport methods
Keep in mind that all of these office moving checklists are just general guidelines and that they can greatly differ depending on the type of office. Be flexible and use them to help you get through the office moving experience as quickly as possible!