It is time to move your office and you are thinking about NYC? The state of New York has the third-largest economy in the United States, so it is a great place to relocate your business or to expand it. We bring you reasons why should you move your office to NYC.
Why should you move your office to NYC?
When you think about moving your office to NYC you also have to think about few factors.
- Proximity to Clients
Moving your office to NYC requires thinking about your clients. Who are the major clients for your business? Do they live in NYC? If you’ll be closer to them after moving than this decision is the right one. You should be close to your high-end clients and customers. You don’t want the competition to get them. Its customer satisfaction and making a profit is your major goal, then moving your business to NYC is something your business needs.
- If you need to reach a new market
If you think that new environment and NYC neighborhoods need your services, then you should relocate your office immediately.
- The cost of running the Business
Every business looks out for ways to increase profit and cut costs. If the moving of your business is good for your profit, then you should not hesitate about relocation.
- You need to expand
Relocating your business does not always have to be from one city to another. Moving your office in NYC also involve moving one to another location in New York City. If you find a bigger place for your office and you need to expand, moving your office is a necessary step.
Tips for moving your NYC office
- Plan your move as early as possible
- Hire best NY movers with the experience in commercial moves including insurance and license for work
- Schedule your office moving over the weekend.
- Talk with your employees about the move and tell them to empty their desks
- Throw away used stuff you no longer need and pack items you want to move into your new NYC office
- Change an address on your business materials
- Create announcements about the move.
- Find someone you trust to coordinate the moving team, furniture delivery, etc.
- Hire professional packers – they will protect all your fragile and high-value items
- Pack all your personal belongings
- Label all cardboard boxes
- Protect your office furniture and computers with wrapping materials, tapes, and furniture pads
- Change your office address in the post office, bank, etc.
- Clean your new office space before movers arrive
- Ask your moving company about insurance coverage in case of damaging or losing your office stuff
- If you want to bring plants, find someone to help you with this step
- Make sure there are food and beverages for everyone involved in office relocation