Many people agree that transport and logistics are the worst parts of the move. A lot of things can go wrong. Transport vehicles can damage or destroy your items during transport. It is arguably the worst and most worrying part of the move. This is especially true if you are transporting valuable items or art. However, in order to help you out, we have prepared a short guide for you. We hope that you will learn a bit more about safe art transport and that you will use the tips and tricks we show you to have a good move!
Key tips for safe art transport
- Pack carefully – This is one of the most important tips we will share with you. If you pack your art carefully, chances are it won’t get damaged during transport. Fine art moving is an art by itself; you need to be very precise and delicate.
- Make sure to double-check – Double-checking your art before your move might help you notice some flaws (if any). It can also ensure that everything is in order prior to the move.
- Use special moving boxes – Some moving boxes serve the purpose of moving delicate inventory items. Make sure to use them for the best results.
- Don’t damage anything prior to the move – Making sure that your art is undamaged prior to the move might ensure that it remains that way. Safe art transport is delicate work; keep in mind that you need to be extra careful.
What to do when in doubt?
When you are in doubt about your safe art transport, you should always call the professionals. Professional movers have transported everything from hot tubs to fine art. If you need to learn how to move your art collection, they can teach you. Moreover, they can do it for you. The service they offer can help you immensely. Professional moving companies are obliged by contract to deliver your items safely to your desired destination. In case you doubt that you will damage your art or not manage to do the job properly, give them a call, they can do the job better than you can. They are professionals, after all.
Another thing you can do when you are in doubt is to consult with people and the Internet. A lot of things can be found online and you’ll be amazed how much you can learn only by reading a few articles. Moreover, it doesn’t cost you anything! You can check it out in your free time if you ever have any doubts. Moreover, you can also get help from your friends and family. Chances are they moved at least once in their lives and you can consult them about the steps you should take to make your move work. Do not play around with safe art transport – it takes a lot to create art, but so little to destroy it!
Additional tips and tricks for safe art transport
The most important part of your move is to keep your art safe during transport. If you follow the key tips, your art will probably be safe and sound at your desired destination. However, there are a few other things we would like to mention:
- Get informed: Information is the key. If you get informed you will know exactly how to pack your art and transport it. Many people have done it before, try to get as much information as possible.
- Prioritize: Prioritize which item is the most valuable and go to extra lengths to protect it during transport. Chances are you will be bringing enough art to decorate a small apartment; make sure that the most prized items always remain as safe as they can be.
- Plan in advance: Planning in advance is the best additional method to ensure your art arrives safely to your new destination. Make a detailed list of your entire art collection and plan in advance how to move it. Make a plan that revolves around your art. After all, your top priority is for it to arrive safely.
- Change plans, if needed: Your art is your priority now. You should change plans if needed. You can even have separate transport for all of your art. It is more expensive, of course, but it will get the job done!
Do additional preparation:
By doing additional preparation, you might transport your art more safely. For example, you should measure every piece of art you have and check what parts are the most likely to get damaged during transport. After that it is quite simple – make sure to protect the parts that are most likely to get damaged or destroyed. There is special packing material that can serve this purpose just fine. Also, if you have done your research, you would know that bubble wrap does wonders when transporting fine art is concerned!
You can also ask an artist! Artists often transport their art from one exhibition to another, and you can ask them how they do it! Artists are usually very careful when art is concerned, and most of them will share their tips and tricks on how to protect it the best. After all, art is art! Negligence and lack of information can damage your art, remember this!
On top of everything, you can use special delivery boxes that have inlays that protect your items inside from the damage during transport. They are not that hard to acquire and you should definitely consider getting some of them. The inlaid walls of the boxes will serve as a good protection along with your bubble wrap and special packing material. Your art should be safe!
Safe art transport – conclusion
To conclude, we want to say that there are a lot of ways to protect your art. You can follow some of our tips and tricks, or you can follow them all. We assure you, everything written here will ensure safe art transport for your valuable art! Now, what are you waiting for? Go and make sure that your art is safe after the move. After all, it should be if you followed our guide.