Learning how to disassemble furniture when moving might save you a lot of work. For example, you won’t have to pay someone to do it for you, and you will learn something new! However, disassembling furniture can be both really easy and really hard, depending on the item you are trying to disassemble. Fortunately for you, we have prepared a short guide to help you out! Here you should find everything that might poke your interest!
Disassemble furniture carefully
Whatever you choose, you need to be careful. If you are in doubt, contact some furniture movers Brooklyn or other professional movers. It is always a safer option to let professionals handle your furniture than to make a mistake. If not, follow this short guide:
- Check the manual: Chances are you can find everything about your piece of furniture there. Just follow the advice there and you’ll be fine. Having a manual is a must, however.
- Consult the Internet: There is a lot of valuable information online. You should check for specific information about your piece of furniture if you are not certain. In case you cannot, you can also find cheap movers to do it for you.
- Use everything you can: When you disassemble furniture, make sure not to lose the parts. Use everything you can to safely store the components. If you don’t have where, moving boxes Brooklyn or similar companies might help you out!
- Call some friends: In the end, you can always call some friends to help you with that. It is not like you will be doing office decluttering, but, who knows, they might offer some good advice or help you. Everything is easier when you work in a team!
Rely on professional movers if needed
Professional movers can help you a lot with this one. It is easy to lose some parts or to damage your furniture when moving. The professionals from a moving company will not let that happen. You can always rely on them to do the work for you. Remember, a lot of things can go wrong!
- You can lose parts: If you lose parts of your furniture or you damage them, the entire piece will be unusable. Always make sure to store the parts in special containers just to avoid that.
- You can damage/break it: This is even worse than losing parts. Lost parts can be replaced, but damaged or broken ones usually can’t be fixed. If you are not sure you can do the job, find someone who will do it for you. It is much cheaper than buying a new bed, for example.
- You can get hurt: This is, by far, the worst thing that can happen. You can hurt yourself if you don’t know what you are doing. Don’t let this happen!
What to do when you disassemble furniture?
You disassemble furniture for a reason. Usually, it is done prior to the move. Make sure that every part is safely stored and that your furniture can be assembled again at will. Whether or not you did this on your own, you have still managed to complete your goal! We hope that our little guide helped you achieve that!