Alleia iacta est. You’re moving to Brooklyn! Congratulations! What’s so great about this? Everything! Moving to New York is among the top 5 of the best things that might happen in your life. So being that you got the opportunity, use it! New York is great. And the NYC borough of Brooklyn is probably the best borough in NY for life. For so many reasons. But being that you already decided to move here, I’m not gonna bother you with this. Let’s talk about your relocation to King’s county (another name for Brooklyn). First to know is to get started with preparations immediately. And the first among many things to do, before you move, is to pick the Brooklyn moving service to hire. Because, when you’re moving to this NYC borough, it’s essential to have a help. And having professional help from Brooklyn moving service is a great idea.
The best Brooklyn moving service to hire- How to find
As we previously said, we won’t be bothering why you should move to Brooklyn. In case you want to know, you may read it in our article about prime reasons to move to Brooklyn. What we’re here to elaborate is how to hire the right help for such a move. And the best help is certainly a professional at the job, which moving services of Brooklyn surely are. But not all of them are good to hire. Therefore, for Brooklyn moving pick the best relocation services in Brooklyn! Here are the steps we recommend when choosing the professional mover in Brooklyn to hire:
- Make a list of potential packers&movers in Brooklyn- Find the best sources to pick the best-looking moving companies in Brooklyn
- Examine the potential King’s county moving companies to hire- Explore every little detail about every professional mover in Brooklyn you put on your list
- Pick the top relocating company to move you to Brooklyn- Decide which Brooklyn movers look the best, based on the exploration you did
Making list of reliable professional movers in Brooklyn
Before you make a decision which Brooklyn moving specialist to hire, you need to abstract at least 5-10 moving companies you consider to be good and reputable. Therefore, we shall suggest some examples of where you may find the relocation services in Brooklyn:
- People you trust- Ask your friends and family if they have some recommendations. Maybe some of them moved recently and have experience with home relocators in Brooklyn
- Internet- Explore the internet. This is a game in the dark, being that there are moving scams all around New York. But with setting good research parameters, you could find a decent Brooklyn moving service to hire
- Contact real estate company- This is the most uncertain way of finding a reliable mover, being that every realtor is gonna suggest a company he/she cooperates with. But in case you haven’t got a better solution for a Brooklyn professional mover, better something than nothing
Put every Brooklyn moving company from your list on the test
When you have completed your list of moving professionals in Brooklyn, now it’s time to evaluate them. I mean, you do want to relocate using services from a quality and reliable Brooklyn mover, don’t you? To do that, you need to check quite a few things. One of the most important things is to avoid fraudulent Brooklyn moving company. But the other things are almost equally important. So let’s begin what you should do to check on the Brooklyn moving company’s profile:
- Visit the website of every home relocating professional in Brooklyn you put on a list
- Check if there’s some Brooklyn mover without a licence, and remove it from the list immediately
- Find the reviews and see if there are mostly satisfied, or mostly unsatisfied customers. When you find unsatisfied, check the reason of their discontentment with that particular Brooklyn mover. While checking the reviews, see if you can find the information how quality the moving service of each company is.
- Check on the local news for the area of King’s county where the moving company is located. Find out if there were some problems in term of fraud, and make sure to avoid the company you find such a content for.
- Is there a moving insurance- Choose to keep on the list only those companies offering a moving insurance for your items. This is very important matter, so you could remove the stress because of something gets damaged or ruined during the process. There would be the insurance to cover the expense of fixing the damaged stuff or buying the new one.
Choosing which Brooklyn mover to hire for your Brooklyn relocation
This is the last step to take when hiring a professional mover for moving to Brooklyn. Before you start acting according to our recommendations how to choose the right Brooklyn moving service, check, double-check and check again if all the companies left to compare are reliable to hire. Meaning they are not moving scams. Now, after you did, follow these simple rules:
- Make a moving quote inquiry- When calling or contacting the Brooklyn packer and mover and realising they’re reliable enough, ask them for a moving quote or moving estimate. That’s the estimated price you’ll need to pay for that moving company’s services. Separate several professional movers with the most affordable prices (I’m not saying the cheapest because the cheapest might mean the least quality)
- Ask for an in-home inspection- After you separated the most affordable offers for your relocation, ask the movers to send their representatives to your home. That way they may see in person what’s to move. And therefore make sure to give you a more precise estimate.
- Demand a binding offer– Being that the moving representative is in your home, and by that have an insight of everything the Brooklyn moving company needs to move, ask him/her to make you a binding offer. It’s the final offer, with the price you’ll need to pay in the end for their moving services. With the deviation of at most 10%.
- Compare the moving companies and pick the best- Now that you have all the information, all you need is to compare the movers and pick the Brooklyn moving service to conduct your relocation. We suggest that you equally appreciate the moving service quality and the overall price. If there’s a small difference in price, but the considerable contrast in moving service quality, pay a couple of dollars more to have a much more quality service. At least that’s our recommendation.
If you liked this article, follow us on our Brooklyn Movers New York FB page and read more interesting and informative stories the moment we publish them!