How to choose the right moving company in New York for your NYC move
Here you are, excited you finally found the place in New York that feels like home! The day of relocation is getting closer, and the last thing remaining is picking the moving company in New York to hire. The first tip that we have for you is- do not think of it as of the last thing. Because that is probably the single most important thing when talking about moving from point A to point B.
Being such a large city, New York is home to thousands of packers and movers. Some of them are good and reliable, offering high-quality service. That ‘some’ is a very small percentage of them. It means that you should be very careful when picking the right mover. You should especially be mindful, and don’t fall asleep when trying to choose the right company in The City That Never Sleeps, because there are so many fraudulent companies here, and you do not want to get robbed or have your items kept as a hostage.
In case you have enough time until your moving day, this is the right article to read at the right time. In case you don’t have much time, it is still good that you are reading it, to avoid some problems that could be caused if you misjudged the company you are about to hire. We are here to give you some tips on how to pick the right mover in New York City, and the most important details to pay attention to are:
- License- Check if the moving company is licensed to do the relocations
- Transparency of the company- Find out everything you can, and see if you are able to do that
- Years of experience- The longer the house relocator does the relocations- the bigger chances that you wouldn’t get in trouble
- Insured items- You want to hire the best mover in New York that allows you not to worry if something is damaged
- Time effectiveness- How fast the mover is in conducting the relocation in the Big Apple means how fast you will move
- Cost effectiveness- You want to pick the top quality moving specialists in New York. But you also want to pick the top quality moving specialists that wouldn’t cost you a fortune
- Reputation- Experience of the previous clients with the home moving services of the movers, especially in New York, is important information
- Extra services- The moving company in New York that could win is the one that offers extra services for the same price
- Awards- This is not the crucial factor, but if the mover is an award winner in New York, you must take it seriously under consideration
License – Don’t consider hiring movers that have no license to do the moving in New York
Be careful when it comes to moving. Be even more careful when moving in New York. But be the most careful when hiring a mover in Empire City! There are so many moving frauds that you wouldn’t take this matter seriously. You are moving your valuables, don’t let some hijacker take your valuables as a hostage so they would force you to give them a large amount of money for what even is not a proper relocation. Therefore the first eliminating step is choosing only those moving companies in New York that are licensed for the job. Hire someone who doesn’t put you at risk of wasting your many, getting your valuables damaged, or even getting you robbed.
Transparency of the moving company – None of the house relocators in New York hides the information for no reason
You picked some of the moving companies, and now you are exploring the data about each of them, to check if they are reliable. First, you explore the internet. If there is no official website of the company- start being suspicious. The reason may be that they just started their job, and still did not create a web page. But, explore it further, find out if you can find anything, call them, go and see them, ask people about them. If they do not say their name when they answer the phone, they give you the inaccurate information, or they refuse to answer some questions, this is the second eliminating step, don’t hire a mover, offering moving services in New York, that you cannot find out anything about!
Years of experience – Moving companies in New York doing the relocations for many years are very likely to be good enough to be hired as professionals for your move
There isn’t too much wisdom for this criterion. If you are not sure who to hire from two relocating companies offering home moving services of the similar price and similar service offered, always choose the professional mover that does the relocations for the longer time in New York.
Insured items – Hire a moving company in New York that offers the insurance
One way or the other, it is almost certain that at least something gets damaged during the relocating process. It is mostly nobody’s fault. But if your item gets damaged, you will not be less fury because nobody did that on purpose. That is why you should hire a mover in New York that insures your valuables, and makes you kind of satisfied even if something is broken. In the end, we will advise you to carefully read the insurance policy you are getting.
Time effectiveness – Movers that saves your time are the one you should pick
Not only the safety is what matters when your moving day comes. Believe us, you want it to end as soon as possible because every minute your exhaustion is doubled. And, also, the time is money- save your money because the movers are mostly paid, at least some part, hourly! Therefore when getting the estimates, pick a moving company in New York that estimates to conduct the relocation the fastest. Of course, this criterion comes after the criteria about safety. You want to be fast, but you want to move your stuff undamaged and unrobed.
Cost effectiveness – The moving company in New York that costs the least is the one to be hired
When it comes to money, it is important to keep your eyes wide open. You did what you were supposed to on your first steps- You called the moving company, asked them over the phone, or over the web to get an estimate of what will the relocation cost. You received a good offer, better than others. The first thing to pay attention is that if the offer is too much lower than the others that it looks too good to be true, it almost every time is, so it is not true. Second thing, if the offer of a certain moving company is the best over the phone or over the web page, ask them to come to your home and give you the final estimate based on what they think it would cost to transport everything from your previous home to the new one.
If they refuse, have them deleted from the list of potential professionals for your move. They are unprofessional, or they are a scam, whatever it is, you don’t want to do the moving with them. If they agree and come to your home to give you the exact evaluation, ask for that evaluation to be out on the paper, and signed as the final offer for the price of the relocation. Only that way can you be sure that you chose the moving company in New York providing high-quality moving service with the acceptable cost for you. And also, only that way can you be sure that you will not be crossed-over and charged more money than you agreed. After all, of aforementioned, think of the hidden costs because they cost you money too.
Reputation – A moving company with good reputation is the best to be hired in New York
Find out who were some previous clients of the moving company you are about to choose. Contact them and politely ask if they can tell you what was like their experience with the company. Were they satisfied or not. If you cannot find previous clients, then search on the web for comments about the company. Try to find those experiences that look the most realistic to you, and see if they are good or bad ones. If you cannot find anything about the company, it is probably the reason to give up on them. Our advice is to get recommendations for the professionals for your move in New York from your friends and family. If it is not possible, because they have no experience, then explore and pick the mover with the most of the good experiences from previous clients.
Extra services – Hiring a mover in New York that offers more services for the same amount is a good choice
When getting the estimated cost of the relocation, you are informed about the amount you need to pay for the basic service of the moving. But, what you should also check is what relocation services the moving company offers besides that amount, free of charge. That should also be the important factor when choosing the right moving company in the capital of the world, because, during the relocation, you never know what might happen and what extra service you might need, or find helpful(disassembly and reassembly of furniture, handling of bulky items, appliance servicing, shuttle services, split pick up and delivery…) , and that is why a moving company offering it for free, even just in case, should be the one you choose for moving to New York, or as some people tend to call it the Gotham City.
Awards – If a moving company was awarded prize in New York, it is most probably a good mover
There is no need to say many words about this criterion, it is quite simple- either a company was awarded, or it wasn’t. Do the research about it if you cannot choose between a couple of companies, and it would be a wise choice to hire a prize-winning moving company in New York!
Let’s make the recapitulation of what is important to know, so you could choose the right moving company in New York:
- License – the first eliminating step is choosing only those moving companies in New York that are licensed for the job
- Transparency of the moving company – Don’t hire a company you cannot find out anything about
- Years of experience – Always choose the moving company in New York that does the relocations for longer time
- Insured items – You should hire a company in New York that insures your valuables
- Time effectiveness – Pick a moving company in New York that estimates to conduct the relocation the fastest
- Cost effectiveness – Ask for the evaluation to be out on the paper, and signed as the final offer for the price of the relocation
- Reputation – get recommendations for the moving company in New York from your friends and family, or explore and pick the moving company with the most of the good experiences from previous clients.
- Extra services – Important factor when choosing the right moving company in New York, because, during the relocation, you never know what might happen and what extra service you might need, or find helpful
- Awards – it would be a wise choice to hire a prize-winning moving company in the City That Never Sleeps