How to cut the Brooklyn moving costs
If you’re moving to New York City, Brooklyn would be probably the best borough to move to from the financial aspect. However, the everyday life in NYC costs a lot. Hence, we suggest you cut the Brooklyn moving costs. Be prepared for the unexpected costs after you move. Even if you find your New York home a lot before you move, it could still be unprepared for moving in on your moving day. Perhaps you don’t have a job arranged in Brooklyn etc. Whatever the reason, you might need a lot of money since the very beginning of your NYC life. Cut the Brooklyn moving costs and save some money just in case. You’ll certainly use that extra cash sooner or later. We gathered several tips for you on how to save on your Kings County move. Perhaps, they shall be useful to you.
Saving money while moving to Brooklyn
Although Brooklyn is in New York City, one of the most expensive cities in life, you can still save on your move there. What you need is to be smart and to look to save on each part of your relocation. To help you do that, we made special tips for saving money during each of the three most important parts of your Brooklyn relocation:
- Saving money while hiring the movers- Before we suggest how to do this, we want to emphasize that the most important thing here is to hire the reliable NYC movers. Only after that take the money into consideration.
- Cut the Brooklyn moving costs by lowering the volume of your relocation- Bring to NYC only the items you’re definitely going to use.
- Save money on the packing process- Do it by yourself, and use the inexpensive or free packing materials, supplies and tools.
Sure, there are other parts of the relocation where you can save a dollar or two, but if you manage to save money on these three processes, you’re gonna have an affordable relocation to Brooklyn, fitting everyone’s budget!
Hire the affordable movers to save the money on your Brooklyn move
You’ll notice we didn’t say the cheapest movers. We said the most affordable on purpose. As we previously mentioned, you need to hire the reliable NYC movers. Because of the safety for you and for your family, as well as for your belongings. Besides the reliability, your moving company must offer the quality moving services, given that this influences how they’ll handle your items. Here is how to find a company that fits your budget, and offers reliable and quality moving services:
- Search for the potential home moving agencies. Make a list of at least 10 of them. And do this ASAP. The sooner you hire the moving agency, the better price shall you get!
- Check their background, especially looking for the licenses and the accusations of a Brooklyn moving fraud.
- Find out the details about the quality and the volume of the moving services.
- Get the offers, containing the services and the price for those services.
- Compare all the candidates from your list, making sure that you hire reliable, quality, and affordable moving company. So leave the matter of money for the end, first make sure you, your family, and your items will be safe during your relocation!
Decluttering will help you cut the Brooklyn moving costs
The more items you’re moving the bigger the moving costs. Your moving company shall charge you by the weight of your items for a long distance NY move, and by the hour for a short distance relocation to Brooklyn. Anyway, the more items you have, they shall weigh more, so the volume will be bigger. Also, for more items, the moving pros will need to work for more hours. Whatever the distance of your relocation, removing the clutter from it will save you money.
First, remove all those items you use once a year, or even less often. Remove those items you won’t be able to use in your new home. Such as your garage items. You could consider using the Brooklyn storage capacities in case you have nowhere else to place them. Besides this, remove also those items that you can easily purchase in Brooklyn the moment you need them. Why would you pay to pack and transport them instead of buying the new ones for the same or almost the same cost?
After you declutter your home, you can also earn some money on it. Sell them over the internet, or arrange a sale in your garage. There are people who would use those items, and you would use some extra cash when moving to Brooklyn! Therefore, not only that you’d save a certain amount of money, but you can also exceed your moving budget. A win-win situation!
The packing process could appear to be the true money-saver
There are two ways to save money on the packing. First, you can save money by doing this part by yourself. Ask your moving company how something is packed if you’re not sure, or hire them to do that partial packing, and do the rest on your own. Surely, you can ask your buddies to give you a hand with this and spend some quality time with them during your packing process.
The second way to save the money on the packing process is to collect the free or cheap Brooklyn moving boxes, previously used, but still usable packing material (wrapping material/paper/bubble wrap etc), and borrow the packing supplies (scissors/markers/labels etc.). By doing this, you could save yourself a few hundreds of bucks. Not bad at all, and this is just one part of the moving process!
The most important thing when trying to cut the Brooklyn moving costs is to first take care of the safety. We keep repeating this, but only because you can easily make a mistake if you only look to save money. Yes, you do want to save the money on your Brooklyn relocation, but do that carefully, making sure that no moving troubles appear on your way!